The Hogwarts Experience Quill
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Hogwarts Experience Quill

A place for HE members to show their fanfiction works to the world and beyond!

HomeSearchLatest imagesHogwarts ExperienceRegisterLog in

Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Raistlin The Wizard
Admin
Raistlin The Wizard

Male Posts : 125

Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93 Empty
PostSubject: Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93   Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:45 am

Fic Title: Easter Morning
Fandom: Original (GPA Universe)
Format: One-shot
Genre: Family, General
Rating: PG-12
Word Count: 652
Warnings: None
Characters: Shawn Russo, Ayla Russo, Jared Russo
Pairings: None
Summary: Shawn Russo doesn't understand why his Daddy has to work on Easter but the Easter Bunny might make things better.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com/forum.htm
Raistlin The Wizard
Admin
Raistlin The Wizard

Male Posts : 125

Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93   Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 9:46 am

Easter Morning

Shawn Russo was up early on Easter morning. Not because he'd gotten up early to scope out his Easter basket, which he was still planning on doing. No, the five year old had been awoken by the sounds of his Daddy closing the front door as he went off to work. It made him sad that he wouldn't be around to celebrate with him and Mommy, or Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Katie and Aunt Allison, but Daddy had explained that he needed to go to work so that other people could spend time with their families. And that because it was his turn to work and it was important to do his turn at work.

Honestly, he didn't think that was a very good reason. It was bad enough that his Daddy had to go to work for a whole day whenever he went to work, which he found out from school was not what most Daddies did. But then again, he knew that his Daddy had the coolest job in the whole world and when he got to go to work with him it was way cooler than anything else. But that didn't mean he wasn't upset that Daddy was going to miss Easter.

He hopped out of bed and ran downstairs, trying to get to the kitchen table where his Easter basket had been waiting for him every other year. Sure enough, sitting on the table where it always was there was a huge blue wicker basket. Pulling it down, he saw that there was a giant chocolate bunny on the inside as well as his other favorite types of candy and a pack of jellybeans.

However, what really caught his attention was the new toy fire truck that was sitting inside with a new fire hat. He'd lost his other one recently and had been quite upset about it, but now that he had the new one he hurriedly put it on, grabbing the truck out and immediately starting to play with it. Running around the house and pretending to be a fire chief until his Mommy came downstairs and raised an eyebrow at him.

"Good morning, Shawn," she said, laughing a little at how excited he was, although it was clear she was pleased to see it. "I see that you're up early and that the Easter Bunny came again."

"Yes he did!" Shawn cried. "And look Mommy, look at the new toys he left me! He just knew!"

"He knew that you wanted new firemen toys?"

"Well yes, but he also knew that Daddy wouldn't be around so he made sure that there'd still be a way for him to be here!" The small boy grinned happily.

"Shawn, are you upset that Daddy can't actually be here?" She frowned and looked worried about the answer. It didn't seem like she was very happy that Daddy wasn't around, but Mommy was never happy when Daddy had to go to work.

"Not anymore," he answered, flying the truck through the air.

"Why not?"

"Cause now I can pretend to be a fireman just like Daddy! And then there's still a firefighter in the house!" He looked so proud of himself and adjusted his hat. "And I can show Daddy when he gets home."

For reasons that he couldn't understand, his Mommy started to tear up a little bit and walked over to tightly hug him. "You're right, the Easter Bunny is just smart like that," she said with a teary voice and pressed a kiss to his forehead. "Now, do you want to eat some Easter eggs for breakfast?"

"Yay! Easter eggs!" Shawn chanted and ran over to the fridge, tearing it open and making his Mommy laugh. Yes, he wished his Daddy could have been there, but he'd be home later and he'd get to show off all of his fun Easter basket stuff all over again.
Back to top Go down
http://hogwarts-experience.heavenforum.com/forum.htm

Easter Morning [Original - PG 12] - amberg93
Page 1 of 1